Buy per event or up to 4 events at a time. Aggregate insurance up to £30,000. Option to also insure your excess.
Annual Cover with automatic 15% Discount for new customers. Options to include Road Section Cover and also Vehicle Recovery insurance.
Annual cover from £69.95. Options to include on track chassis damage and theft away from your premises.
Daily cover for up to 8 days in advance. Premiums from just £40 per day with with £500 min excess.
A "must have" cover for any competition. £70 buys you peace of mind protection of £100,000 for death or disability. Loss of income also available.
What this policy is about
This is an optional personal accident insurance that applies whilst you are competing in, or travelling to or from (if you select this option), any event organised by a member club of the Motor Sport Association (MSA). "Competing" includes practicing, testing, and racing / rallying.
1. Accidental Death.
2. Permanent Disability: This is for the very serious accident and one which would prevent you from attending any business or occupation for which you are reasonably suited by training, education, or experience and which lasts for a continuous period of 24 months. After this period an appropriate doctor must confirm that there is no hope that your medical condition will improve. Important: If you have a highly specialised occupation where perhaps a relatively minor but permanent disability could cause the termination of this occupation, then we would recommend a policy more specific to such needs.
3. Partial Disabilities: This can pay you a proportion of the Permanent Disability specified above where you suffer such injuries as loss of: sight, loss of limb(s), loss of hearing, and total amputation of toes. A full scale of compensation can be found on page 4.
4. Emergency medical expenses: This is not a private medical insurance. If you have an accident in the UK that requires emergency treatment the NHS will take care of you. You will only need this cover if you are racing outside of the UK and within Europe. If you are racing beyond European boundaries and you require this cover you will need to call us since there may be an additional premium to pay. Repatriation expenses are limited to £5,000 any one accident.
5. Loss of Weekly Income (Temporary Total Disablement): Providing you are in gainful employment (and therefore receive an income), should you be unable to work this insurance will provide compensation. The weekly sum insured should be based on the nearest figure to your net weekly income. We will pay this benefit up to a full 52 weeks, excluding the first 28 days. The maximum weekly level of benefit is £2,500 or 60% of your normal gross monthly earned income, whichever is the lower amount.
Eligibility for cover: To be able to buy cover this policy you must be:
• under 64 years of age, and
• resident in the United Kingdom.
• a licence holders of the MSA (Motor Sport Association) / Club Card holder of an MSA recognised motorsport club.
The insurance documents: The policy should be read together with your Confirmation of Cover. They form the contract of insurance between you, the policyholder, and us, the insurers.
(a) Policy - the document you are reading now is the policy. It gives full details of the insurance cover and all of the policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
(b) Confirmation of Cover - this is to be read along with the policy. This will tell you how much your policy will pay out and which cover options you have selected. It will also confirm what premium you have paid.
Understanding the cover: Some words and phrases in this policy will always have same meaning wherever they appear. To make them easier to recognise when they are being used, we will show them in italics. They are called Definitions and are all explained in Section 10. Sometimes the meaning for some of them is repeated in the policy where they are relevant to that particular policy section.
Period of Cover: All policies run from the commencement date as stated in your Confirmation of Cover to 31st December in the same year.
Language: All insurance documents and all communications with you about this policy will be in easy to understand English. No language other than English will be used.
The insurers: This insurance is written 100% at Lloyd's of London by Syndicates managed by Jubilee Managing Agency Limited. Jubilee Managing Agency Limited is entered on the Register of Lloyd's Managing Agents.
When and where cover applies: Cover applies only applies whilst you are competing in, or travelling to or from (if you selected this option), any event organised by a member club of the Motor Sport Association (MSA). 'Competing' includes practicing, testing and racing.
2. WHO TO CONTACT IN AN EMERGENCY
Emergency Assistance (If you have selected this cover it will be shown on your Confirmation of Cover)
The 24 hour worldwide emergency assistance service under this policy is provided by Jubilee Assistance (the "assistance company") which employs a team of trained multi-lingual assistance co-ordinators.
To comply with policy conditions you must notify the assistance company prior to:
• being admitted as an in-patient at any hospital, clinic or nursing home. If this is not possible because of the seriousness of the condition, then you must contact the assistance company as soon as reasonably possible after being admitted.
• any repatriation arrangements being made.
• burial or cremation or transportation of the your body.
Once contacted, an assistance co-ordinator will ensure that necessary medical fees are guaranteed and where
appropriate repatriation/transportation is arranged by the most suitable method.
For assistance telephone: +44 (0)2920 468 795 or fax: +44 (0)845 070 1756 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When contacting the assistance company please advise them that you are insured under scheme reference PA312 and quote the policy number stated in your Confirmation of Cover.
3. PERSONAL ACCIDENT
As shown in your Confirmation of Cover, we will pay you if you sustain a bodily injury resulting from an accident while you are in your competition vehicle and or (where covered) driving to or from an event venue, which results in your death or disablement. For insured persons under the age of 16 years the Accidental Death Benefit is limited to £2,500.
Accidental Death (If you have selected this cover it will be shown on your Confirmation of Cover)
We will pay the benefit shown in your Confirmation of Cover if, within 12 months of an accident, the bodily injuries, sustained solely and independently of any other cause, result in your death.
Permanent Disability (If you have selected this cover it will be shown on your Confirmation of Cover)
We will pay the sum shown in your Confirmation of Cover provided that, solely as a result of an accident, it prevents you from attending any business or occupation for which you are reasonably suited by training, education, or experience and which lasts for a continuous period of 24 months. After this period an appropriate doctor must confirm that there is no hope that your medical condition will improve. This 24 month period of incapacity must begin within one year of the date of the accident. Disablement must be caused by the bodily injuries sustained by you, within 12 months of an accident, solely and independently of any other cause.
Important: If you have a highly specialised occupation where perhaps a relatively minor but permanent disability could cause the termination of this occupation, then we would recommend a policy more specific to such needs.
Permanent Disability also includes;
• Total loss of sight of both eyes
• Loss of both arms or both hands
• Complete deafness of both ears, of traumatic origin
• Removal of the lower jaw
• Loss of speech
• Loss of limb
Loss of limb means
(a) In respect of an arm, permanent loss by physical severance at or above the wrist or the complete and irrecoverable loss of use of hand.
(b) In respect of a leg, permanent loss of physical severance at or above the ankle or complete and irrecoverable loss or use of a foot.
These definitions apply equally to loss of one limb or loss of two or more limbs.
Loss of sight in both eyes means
Total and irrecoverable loss of all sight as shown to our satisfaction to be permanent and without expectation of recovery and the your name has been added to the Register of Blind Persons on the authority of a fully qualified ophthalmic specialist. Loss of speech means
Permanent total and irrecoverable loss of speech which lasts 12 consecutive months and at the end of that period is beyond hope of improvement.
Loss of hearing means
Permanent total and irrecoverable loss of hearing which lasts 12 consecutive months and at the end of that period is beyond hope of improvement.
Loss of Weekly Income (Temporary Total Disability) (If you have selected this cover it will be shown on your Confirmation of Cover)This means that, solely as a result of an accident, you have been certified by a doctor as medically unfit to carry out all of the duties of your usual occupation. The waiting period is 28 days during which time no benefit is payable.
The weekly benefit as shown in your Confirmation of Cover will be paid if you, solely and independently of any other cause, are temporarily disabled as the result of an accident while you are in your competition vehicle and or (where covered) driving to or from an event venue, which results in your Temporary Total disablement. Providing you are in gainful employment (and therefore receive an income), should you be unable to work this insurance will provide necessary compensation. The weekly sum insured should be based on the nearest figure to your net weekly income. The insurers will pay this benefit up to a full 52 weeks, excluding the first 28 days. The maximum weekly level of benefit is £2,500 or 60% of your normal gross monthly earned income, whichever is the lower amount.
Temporary Partial Disability - (If you have selected this cover it will be shown on your Confirmation of Cover). In the event of Temporary Partial Disability the percentage of the sum insured in respect of Temporary Partial Disability shall be as follows:
Loss of osseous substance of the skull in all its thickness surface of at least 6 sq. cm. 40%
Partial removal of the lower jaw, rising section in its entirety or half of the maxillary bone. 40%
Loss of one eye. 40%
Upper Limbs Right / Left
Loss of one arm or one hand. 60% /50%
Considerable loss of osseous substance of the arm (definite and incurable lesion). 50% /40%
Total paralysis of the upper limb (incurable lesion of the nerves). 65% /55%
Shoulder anchylosis. 40% /30%
Extensive loss of osseous substance of the two bones of the forearm (definite and incurable lesion). 40% /30%
Total paralysis of the median nerve. 45% /35%
Total paralysis of the radial nerve at the torsion cradle. 40% 35%
Amputation of four fingers including thumb. 45% /40%
Amputation of four fingers excluding thumb. 40% /35%
Amputation of thigh (upper half). 60%
Amputation of thigh (lower half) and leg. 50%
Total loss of foot (tibio-tarsal disarticulation). 45%
Partial loss of foot (sub-ankle-bone disarticulation). 40%
Partial loss of foot (medio-tarsal disarticulation). 35%
Partial loss of foot (tarso-metatarsal disarticulation). 30%
Total paralysis of lower limb (incurable nerve lesion). 60%
Anchylosis of the hip. 40%
Loss of osseous substance from thigh or both bones of the leg (incurable condition). 60%
Loss of osseous substance of the knee-pan with considerable separation of the fragments and considerable difficulty of movements in stretching the leg. 40%
Shortening of the lower limb by at least 5 cm. 30%
Total amputation of all the toes. 25%
If you are left-handed and, the percentages set out above for the various disabilities of the right upper limb and left upper limb will be transposed.
Total disabilities by accident not mentioned above shall be compensated in accordance with their seriousness as compared with that of those mentioned, your occupation not being taken into consideration.
The partial or total "functional" disablement, not specifically dealt with in Total Disability, of a limb or an organ is treated like the partial or total loss of the said limb or organ.
The total compensation payable in respect of several disablements due to the same accident is arrived at by adding together the various sums, but shall not exceed the total sum insured under Total Disability.
What is not covered?
This insurance does not cover death or disablement in any way caused or contributed to by:
2. Any accident which falls outside of the Operative Time specified in your Confirmation of Cover.
3. War risks:
a) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power; or
b) any act of terrorism, or
c) any act of war or terrorism involving the use or release of the threat thereof of any nuclear weapon or device or chemical or biological agent.
For the purpose of this exclusion an act of terrorism means an act, including but not limited to the use of force or violence and/or threat thereof, of any person or group(s) or persons, whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s), committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes or reasons including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public, or any section of the public, in fear.
4. Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel or radioactive toxic explosion or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
5. You engaging in or taking part in armed forces service or operations.
6. You engaging in flying of any kind other than as a passenger.
7. Any suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-injury or you being in a state of insanity.
8. Your criminal act.
9. Being under the influence of alcohol, as defined by the motor vehicle laws of the country or state of their normal domicile and /or being under the influence of drugs, unless prescribed for you by a qualified medical practitioner but excluding any drugs prescribed for the treatment of drug addiction.
10. Any amount recoverable under any state or Employers medical scheme.
11. You are excluded from using/riding Motorbikes unless you are travelling directly to or from your normal place of residence to the track and have selected this option as shown in your Confirmation of Cover.
12. Any condition caused or aggravated by any psychiatric illness or any mental, nervous or stress related disorder.
13. Backache unless there is additional medical evidence of abnormality (for example a MRI scan or X-ray).
1. Unless otherwise declared and agreed by the us no benefit will be payable for any condition for which the you have sought advice, diagnosis, treatment or counselling or of which you were, or should reasonably have been, aware at inception of this Insurance or for which you have been treated at any time prior to inception.
2. Any fraud, concealment, or deliberate mis-statement either in the proposal on which this Insurance is based or in relation to any other matter affecting this Insurance or in connection with the making of any claim hereunder shall render this Insurance null and void and all claims hereunder shall be forfeited.
3. If you have already received any benefit from the Loss of Weekly Income cover (Temporary Total Disablement) the amount already paid will be deducted from any lump sum benefit paid under Permanent Disability, Partial Disability or Accidental Death.
4. You can only receive one benefit under Accidental Death or Permanent/Partial Disability. You can not receive benefit for both.
4. EMERGENCY MEDICAL EXPENSES
NOTE: THIS IS NOT PRIVATE MEDICAL/HEALTH INSURANCE
Emergency Medical Expenses cover applies following an accident in your competition vehicle and or (where covered) driving to or from an event venue.
What is covered?
a. The fees of a registered medical practitioner and the fees of any surgeon and other specialist to whom the registered medical referee has referred the case.
b. The cost of medication, drugs or appliances prescribed by such medical referee, surgeon as mentioned in a. above.
c. Maintenance and attendance in hospital pay beds or nursing home and home nursing in bed by a qualified resident or daily nurse.
d. The cost of emergency transport necessarily incurred in connection with events covered by this section within the country where the events occurs.
e. Repatriation following an accident in your competition vehicle and or (where covered) driving to or from an event venue outside the United Kingdom. You are covered for
i) Reasonable additional travel, accommodation and repatriation expenses incurred by you (including other persons necessarily having to travel and/or remain with and/or escort you) in the event of treatment being necessarily undertaken in the Country of normal domicile on the certified instructions of a registered medical referee.
ii) The cost of the transport of your body or ashes Country of domicile in the event of death.
Repatriation expenses are limited to £5,000 any one accident.
What is not covered? (Medical Expenses)
1. The excess amount shown in your Confirmation of Cover.
2. Any expense incurred after you have returned to the United Kingdom.
3. Any claim if you travel against medical advice.
4. The following costs and expenses unless they have been authorised by the assistance company
• inpatient, hospital, clinic or nursing home expenses
• repatriation transportation or additional hotel or travel costs and expenses
• burial or cremation costs outside the United Kingdom
• charges levied for services rendered or treatment received in the United Kingdom
• any elective medical or dental treatment or exploratory tests
5. Treatment which in the opinion of a medical or dental practitioner could reasonably be delayed until your return to the United Kingdom.
8. The provision of false teeth or dentures, normal eye tests and the provision of visual aids, normal ear tests and the provision of hearing aids.
9. Cosmetic surgery and associated treatment, unless necessitated by accidental bodily injury.
10. The costs incurred during stays at health resorts, spas, sanatoriums, clinics, convalescent homes and similar institutions.
11. Psycho-analytical and psycho-therapeutical treatment.
12. Treatment performed by lawful spouse, parents or children.
13. Treatments whereby the methods and remedies are not scientifically recognised.
14. Birth defects or congenital illness.
15. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex (ARC) or Human Immuno- deficiency Virus (HIV) howsoever these have been acquired or may be named; Hepatitis B or venereal disease.
16. Medical Expenses incurred outside of Europe.
1. Cover under this Section shall apply only in respect of trips outside the United Kingdom.
2. The amount payable under Section 4 shall not exceed the limit stated in your Confirmation of Cover and shall only be in respect of costs incurred within 12 months of the date of the incident giving rise to the claim.
3. We reserve the right to repatriate you to the United Kingdom when, in the opinion of our medical advisers, you are fit to travel.
4. The assistance company must be notified and authorise any costs to be incurred before you are admitted as an inpatient to any hospital, clinic or nursing home or before any repatriation arrangements are made or in the event of the your death before burial, cremation or transportation of the your remains.
5. HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
We and MO.R.I.S have appointed Jubilee Service Solutions Limited to handle all claims. They have been chosen because of their experience with this type of insurance cover.
When you phone or write to them please tell them the Policy Reference Number that is shown in your Confirmation of Cover. The important phone numbers to note are
Calls from the UK 01444 450 550
Calls from other countries +44 1444 450 550 (remember to prefix with international access code)
Fax: 01444 458 234 from within the UK or +44 1444 458 234 from other countries
You can write to them at: Jubilee Service Solutions Limited, 21 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3TP, United Kingdom.
You or your legal representative should notify the claim within 30 days of the incident or as soon after the incident as is reasonably practicable.
The Claim Administrators will give you or your legal representative all the advice needed to help the claim run smoothly and will send out any claim form they need to be completed.
Once the claim form has been received they will assess the claim thoroughly to make sure the event is covered and will tell you or your legal representative what else may be needed.
The Claim Administrators are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on their register under number 311493.
1. All information and evidence to support a claim shall be provided at your own expense and shall be in a form as required by the Claim Administrators.
2. You shall, as often as required, submit to medical examinations at our expense.
3. The receipt of benefit from us to you or your legal representative will be a full and final discharge by us
6. WHEN COVER ENDS
If, having applied for this insurance, you decide that you do not want it after all, simply write to the MO.R.I.S Customer Response Team within 14 days of receiving your insurance documents and all cover will be cancelled. You will only be entitled to a refund within the cooling-off period on the condition that you have not had any benefit of the policy. This means you have not been practicing, testing or racing since your policy started.
You are entitled to cancel your policy at any time after the cooling off period has expired. When cover is cancelled after the cooling-off period there is no refund of premium.
We may cancel this policy from its next renewal date by sending 30 days notice to your last known address.
All cover under this policy will end automatically on the first of these events:
(a) your 65th birthday, or
(b) upon payment of the Maximum Policy Benefit shown on your Confirmation of Cover.
The insurers recommend that you regularly review the policy to make sure it still meets your needs.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Compliance with the policy terms: Our liability under this policy will be conditional upon your compliance with its terms and
conditions and any statement made being truthful and accurate. Failure to comply with the policy terms might jeopardise entitlement to benefit.
Fraudulent claims: We take a robust approach to fraud prevention in order to keep premium rates down so that you do not have to pay for other people's dishonesty. To help prevent fraudulent claims, insurers sometimes share information. Details about your insurance application and any claim made may be shared with other insurers.
If any claim under this insurance is fraudulent or is intended to mislead us or if any misleading or fraudulent means are used by you or anyone acting on your behalf to obtain benefit under this insurance, the right to any benefit under this insurance will end, the policy will be cancelled and we will be entitled to recover any benefit paid and costs incurred as a result of any such fraudulent or misleading claim. We may also inform the police. If any claim is in any respect fraudulent or if any fraudulent means including submission of falsified documents are used to obtain benefit by you or anyone acting on your behalf all benefit under the policy shall be forfeited.
You may not transfer this policy or any benefit payable under it without our prior written permission.
Safeguarding premium and claim payments: All premium payments from you and due to us and any premium refunds due to you from us for this policy will be held by MO.R.I.S on our behalf.
All claims benefit payments due to you from us will be held by the Claim Administrators.
When doing this both MO.R.I.S and the Claim Administrators will be acting as our authorised agents. This means that when you pay a premium to MO.R.I.S it is deemed to have been received by us and all claims benefits and premium refunds due to you from us are not deemed to have been paid until you or your estate have actually received them.
8. LEGAL AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
About us: This insurance is written 100% at Lloyd's of London by Syndicates managed by Jubilee Managing Agency Limited. Jubilee Managing Agency Limited is entered on the Register of Lloyd's Managing Agents. Its registered office is at 47 Mark Lane London EC3R 7QQ and it is registered in England under number 04434499. It is also registered and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 226696.
The law that applies to this policy: Whilst the parties to this insurance are free to choose the law applicable to it we propose the law of England and Wales. In the absence of any other agreement the law of England and Wales will be used.
Data Protection Notice: In this notice "we/us/our" includes MO.R.I.S and the Claim Administrators
We will collect certain information about you in the course of considering your application and conducting our relationship with you. This information will be processed for the purposes of underwriting your insurance cover, managing any insurance issued, administering claims and fraud prevention. We may pass your information to a qualified medical practitioner, other insurers, reinsurers and loss adjusters for these purposes. This may involve the transfer of your information to countries which do not have data protection laws.
You may have the right of access to, and correction of, information that is held about you. Please contact our Compliance Officer to exercise either of these rights.
Some of the information may be classified as 'sensitive' - that is information about physical and mental health and employment records. Data protection laws impose specific conditions in relation to sensitive information including, in some circumstances, the need to obtain your explicit consent before we process the information. By signing your insurance application you consent to the processing and transfer of information described in this notice. Without this consent we would not be able to consider your application.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme: We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
You may be entitled to compensation under the scheme if we are unable to meet our obligations to you under this contact. If you are entitled to compensation under the scheme, the level and extent of the compensation would depend on the nature of this contract.
Further information can be obtained from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme 10th Floor Beaufort House 15 St Botolph St London EC3A 7QU by phone on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100 and on their website at www.fscs.org.uk.
10. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMPLAINTS
Both MO.R.I.S and the Claim Administrators are dedicated to providing you with a high quality service at all times. If you or your personal representative feel that you have not been offered a first class service please tell them. Every effort will be made to sort out the problem. If you or your personal representative wish to make a complaint about your policy or premium payments please contact MO.R.I.S. The details are:
Minster House 42 Mincing Lane London EC3R 7AE
Tel: 020 7459 9200
Fax: 020 7459 9301
However, if the problem or complaint is about a claim please contact the Claim Administrators at:
The Managing Director
Jubilee Service Solutions Limited
21 Perrymount Road
The Claims Administrators have internal complaints handling procedures that are available on request.
If you or your personal representative are not happy with the way the complaint has been dealt with it can be referred to Lloyd's. The contact details are:
Policyholder & Market Assistance
Fidentia House Walter Burke Way Chatham Maritime Kent ME4 4RN
Tel: 020 7327 5693
Fax 020 7327 5225
Complaints that cannot be resolved by Lloyd's may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Tel 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123 on a mobile phone. Further details will be provided at the appropriate stage of the complaints process. This complaints procedure is without prejudice to your or your legal representative's right to take legal proceedings.
Accident/accidental : A sudden, unexpected, unusual and specific occurrence which happens by chance whilst you are covered by this insurance.
Annual salary : The total gross basic annual salary excluding payments for commission, bonus or overtime payable to you at the date a bodily injury is sustained. If you are paid weekly, annual salary will be calculated by taking your average gross basic weekly salary for the thirteen weeks prior to sustaining a bodily Injury and multiplying this amount by fifty-two.
Assistance company : Jubilee Assistance
Benefit period : The maximum period from the date of total or partial disablement for which a disability Income benefit is payable. This period commences at the end of the waiting period.
Bodily injury : A physical injury caused solely by an accident as specified in the schedule.
Competing : Practicing, testing and racing / rallying at an event organised by an MSA (Motor Sport Association) club in an appropriate competition vehicle.
Doctor : A Registered Medical Practitioner in the United Kingdom or any other physician acceptable us other than you or a member of your immediate family.
United Kingdom England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Waiting period : The period prior to the commencement of the Benefit Period during which no benefit is payable. If you return to work before the end of this period then no benefit will be paid.
We/us/our : Lloyd's of London Syndicates managed by Jubilee Managing Agency Limited.
You/your : The Policyholder named on the Confirmation of Cover.